Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

learning respect... concluding thoughts...

The teaching on...

R... revere...
E... engage...
S... stand at the crossroads and look...
P... pure...
E... earnest...
C... choice...
T... today...

... began... when God... shined His Light... in a dark corner... of my heart...

I marvel... at the grace offered... bringing Light... revealing... faults... unplowed ground... sin...

He could have left me brooding... undeserving of insight... and teaching... after so many years... failing... stumbling... again... and... again...

But Jesus... when asked...


Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother 
when he sins against me? Up to seven times?... 

He answers... with His Father's heart...

"I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times."
Matthew 18:22

... seventy-seven times... can also be translated... seventy times seven... the NIV commentary says... this idiom means... always.... Jesus... He says... Don't forgive just seven times... but always...

Jesus... the direct representation of His Father... always... forgives...

An amazing grace... to not just forgive... but to teach... and not just with words... but with illustrations... in your face... daily... live... illustrations...

This teaching... on... R... E... S... P... E... C... T... has been such a grace... and brought about... what seems to be... feels like... real transformation... in me... a much needed teaching... straight from my Father...

Now... I don't know... if it was helpful to you... or to anyone... (well one I know... because she told me)... but the lesson I want you to see... is God... He cares... when you run to the dark... out of the Light... He's there... waiting... to teach... if you will ask...

Perhaps... if you asked Him to teach you...

R... E... S... P... E... C... T... 

... each letter might be revealed differently to you... tailor-made... for your specific... heart... issues...

So my encouragement to you...
be open... always... to the Word...
an ear... continually tuned... to the Spirit...
eyes... sensitive... to the Light...
in order to receive... the teaching you need...

And maybe... you can share it with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment