Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Thursday, January 24, 2013

learning respect... part 3...

The teaching continues... an answer to prayer... His Light... transforming... the dark... in me...

R... revere
E... engage
P
E
C
T

The next word... the P... came yesterday morning...

Pure...

Beginning again... with the dictionary...

pure -- unmixed with any other matter, free from dust, dirt, or taint; spotless, stainless; free from harshness or roughness and being in tune; being thus and no other: sheer, unmitigated; free from what vitiates, weakens, or pollutes; containing nothing that does not properly belong

Respect... the heart behind it... pure... not to be used to manipulate... for your own good...

The night before I received this word... I saw it modeled... true... pure... respect... 

My husband and I stood at the bedside of a dying man... a man my husband knew better than I...

The man... he showed... spoke... respect to my husband... called him good... said he had impacted his life and how he lived... even though my husband probably didn't even realize it...

Respect... from a dying man... what does he have to gain... by offering praise... no future to manipulate others for... what I saw... was... pure... respect... for my husband... the one I have struggled... to respect...

God gave me a gift of grace... 

See how others see him...? 
Look with pure eyes... and heart... 
unfocused on what you feel you need from him... 
Look at him... him alone...
not what you want from him...
but who... he... is...
an image of  Me...

Godly respect... biblical respect... is pure... void of motive... no concern for... advancement... or favor...

Pure...

Free from fear... no need to walk on eggshells...

Real respect... is... pure...

Live as free men, 
but do not use your freedom to cover up evil;
live as servants of God.
Show proper respect to everyone...
1 Peter 2:16-17
(emphasis mine)

Lord Jesus... thank You... for this teaching... this lesson...
the transformation I feel taking place...
I humbly ask You to continue... revealing...
the meaning behind... 
R... E... S... P... E... C... T...

No comments:

Post a Comment