Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Monday, September 26, 2016

wait on Him... Psalm 69...

Save me, O God! For the waters have come up to my neck.
I sink in deep mire, where there is no foothold;
I have come into deep waters, and the flood sweeps over me.
I am weary with my crying out; my throat is parched.
My eyes grow dim with waiting for my God.
Psalm 69:1-3 ESV

Psalm 69... begins with a cry for help...
a weary waiter... up to his neck in trouble...

The psalmist openly confesses his weariness to God...
his vision and hope waning...
as the psalm continues... he not only expounds on his complaint...
but reveals a right way in waiting...

Read the complete psalm for yourself...
I won't include it all here...
toward the end of the prayer...
after crying out for forgiveness and vengeance...
he turns his song to praise...

But I am afflicted and in pain;
let your salvation, O God, set me on high!
I will praise the name of God with a song;
I will magnify him with thanksgiving.
This will please the Lord more than an ox
or a bull with horns and hoofs.
Psalm 69:29-31 ESV

A right way of waiting...
pouring out your heart to God...
sharing your fears... anxiety... weakening faith...
voicing your desires to be saved... and your enemies punished...
yet remembering all the while...
who you are waiting on...
the One who deserves praise...
the only One who can save...
the only One worth waiting on...

Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober,
and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to brought
to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ...
1 Peter 1:13 NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment