Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Friday, September 16, 2016

wait on him... Psalm 33:20-21...

Our soul waits for the Lord; he is our help and our shield.
For our heart is glad in him, because we trust in his holy name.
Psalm 33:20-21 ESV

Because He is our help and shield in the waiting...
our hearts are glad Him...
because we trust Him...

While we wait for Him...
to fulfill His promise...
work good from evil...
return to make things right...
we do so with joy...
because He is trustworthy...
He helps us along the way...
He shields us from so much...
most of it unknown to us...

And I wonder at the fear that overtakes my heart...
when the young man on the phone asks... Do you have any other questions for me...?
and His Spirit says... Ask Him if He knows Jesus...
and even though this young man is in Canada...
my heart clenches... the question goes unasked...
instead I end the call with... May the Lord bless you and keep you...

Wimped out...
I totally wimped out...

Conviction now clenches my heart instead of fear of man...

My unbelief and doubt in the waiting still so great...!

I'm such a bad waiter...
not serving the Lord well...
because I don't believe He is my help... my shield...

Lord... forgive me... I've failed again...
Thank You for your grace... Let me not forget Your conviction...
Bless me with another opportunity... and fearless faith...


No comments:

Post a Comment