Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Thursday, September 8, 2016

lean on Him... leads to... wait on Him...

The days and weeks in His Word...
seeking to lean on Him...
have led to a new insight...
a new revelation...

An idea... understanding... I had in my head...
but my eyes were in the wrong place...

You see... I've been waiting on specific changes in the lives of loved ones for a long time... we're talking years...

Waiting on them to change...

This waiting... even though I knew God had to be behind it all... in it all... caused me at times to be impatient... frustrated... with those I long to change...

And I know... knew... only God makes things grow...
only He transforms... the old... into new creations...
but I've kept my eyes on the ones I long to see change...
looking for signs... waiting... hoping... on them...

But what I realized... in this leaning my mind... imagination... toward trusting Him... was that in all the promises... change... I desire... I'm really waiting on Him...!

He's the One who works in hearts...
opens eyes... brings light...

He's the One... I'm waiting on...

And to wait on Him...
is a totally different perspective...

To wait on Him...
is to trust the One who is able...
the One who knows...
the One with perfect timing...
the One who loves my loved ones more than me...

To wait on Him...
keeps my eyes on Him...
and off those whose seemingly unchanged lives...
cause frustration...

When we become frustrated with the ones for whom we pray...
it changes our attitude toward them...
and we become a stumbling block to the change we want to see...

But when we wait on God...
and become frustrated with Him...
He can take it...
and He takes it and changes our hearts...
opens our eyes... lovingly...
to His love for us...

Trusting and waiting...
inextricably intertwined...

Grateful for the shift of perspective...
this heart change...
so guess what comes next...?

I'm feeling a series...
another seeking...
of what it means to...
wait on Him...


To you I lift up my eyes, O you who are enthroned in the heavens!
Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their master,
as the eyes of a maidservant to the hand of her mistress,
so our eyes look to the Lord our God, till he has mercy upon us.
Psalm 123:1-2 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment