Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Thursday, May 5, 2016

overwhelmed...

Can I just say... He overwhelms...

These last two days... I've experienced two intense... spiritual encounters... which have just left me... overwhelmed...

One a spiritual battle...
a quick prayer in the midst...
wondering what to say in the moment...

The words spoken in the course of the conversation... left me shaking...
words from my mouth... hopefully... inspired by Him...
words of correction... and truth...

As the conversation closed... I asked...
Can I pray for you...?
Their answer an abrupt... No ma'am...
and a quick departure...

The second encounter... a spiritual revelation...
steps of obedience taken...
to offer comfort to a friend...

Hearts shared...
encouragement given...
truth spoken in love...

The conversation leaving me humbled...
wondering who I am...
as I recognize His ability to use me for good...
amazed... He includes me in His work...

I confess to the friend... I'm empty... I have nothing to share... the only good that comes from me... is Him... She replies... You are a good vessel...

The picture leaves me broken...
feeling like that fragile clay jar...
which can hardly hold together...
much less contain Him...

Overwhelmed...
wondering at the weariness...
of allowing Him to work through...

A good weariness...
but weary... none the less...

For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness,"
has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge
of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
But we have this treasure in jars of clay,
to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.
2 Corinthians 4:6-7 ESV

How has He overwhelmed you lately...?
Take a moment to think about it as you listen to the song below...



No comments:

Post a Comment