Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Thursday, May 19, 2016

do not withhold...

Do not withhold...
words from a devotional read Tuesday...
continue echoing in my heart...

Spurgeon used the King James Version...
Keep not back...
but I went to the English Standard Version...
where I found the way He calls us to respond to the gift of faith...
woven into Isaiah 43...
Although this message was sent to the south, and referred to the seed of Israel, it may profitably be a summons to ourselves. Backward we are naturally to all good things, and it is a lesson of grace to learn to go forward in the ways of God...
... If you have talents keep not back from using them. Hoard not your wealth, waste not your time; let not your abilities rust or your influence be unused. Jesus kept not back, imitate Him by being foremost in self-denials and self-sacrifices.
---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening
And my question has been... my prayer...
What does it look like...? for me to not withhold...?

The opposite of withholding... pouring out...
I feel like I pour myself out here...
everyday... words written... vulnerability faced...

But I sense Him pressing me... to do more...
to reach out more broadly...

Be bolder in loving others...
connecting... sharing...
what I know of Him...

What does it look like...? for me to not withhold...? 

What about you...?
How are you pouring out...?
Or are you withholding a gift too...?

Feeling convicted... pressed... yet excited...
wondering what freedoms... will surely come...
with busting loose... pouring out...
no longer withholding...

Freely you have received, freely give.
Matthew 10:8

What depicts...? this pouring out...? bursting forth...?


Water... freely flowing... no restraint...


Hands... open wide... 


Seeds... bursting life... 

But still...
What does it look like for me...? to not withhold...?

Lord... I know longer want to withhold...
what You're doing in me...
I know longer want to withhold...
Your love from those in need...
I no longer want to withhold...
my love for You...

No comments:

Post a Comment