Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Monday, May 30, 2016

faith... certain of what we do not see...

Reminded afresh...
faith is being certain... of what we do not see...
Faith has to do with marrying Invisible and Visible. When we engage in an act of faith we give up control, we give up sensory (sight, hearing, etc.) confirmation of reality; we give up insisting on head-knowledge as our primary means of orientation in life.
---Eugene Peterson, The Jesus Way
These words... bring to mind my daughter's art... depicting Scripture...



And I will lead the blind in a way they do not know,
in paths that they have not known I will guide them.
I will turn the darkness before them into light,
the rough places into level ground.
These are the things I do, and I do not forsake them.
Isaiah 42:16 ESV

Hanging in the corner where I write... I look at it often...
a picture of those who are faithful...
those who know they can't see what's important...
those willing to follow... like Abraham...
going... they know not where...
just because... He said so...

Have you accepted that you are blind...?
Have you chosen faith...? in Him...?

Father God... I confess... I am blind...
lead me in Your Way... turn my darkness to light...
the rough places into level ground...

No comments:

Post a Comment