Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Sunday, August 23, 2015

The Journey Readings: Week 86... and mercy triumphs...

The Journey Sunday School Class... a leading through Scripture in three years... spent the bulk of today's class in the book of James... which we read last week... week 85 of our 156 week journey...

In his letter... James instructs the church in how to live... think... respond... to trials... one another... and God...

There is a passage... I think sums it up... the reason why... we are to follow his instruction...

So speak and so act as those who are to be judged
under the law of liberty. For judgment is without mercy
to one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.
James 2:12-13 ESV

We... Believers... are a people judged not under the law of sin and death... but under the law of liberty...

For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free
in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.
Romans 8:2 ESV

Because of His grace and mercy... rather than judgment... we are called to speak... and act... with grace and mercy... not judgment...

After class... upon entering worship... the call to worship was a song I had not heard before... it was a song... reflecting to me... the heart of James's letter to the church... what's written between the lines...

Oh, Cleanser of the mess I've made
Upon the hill our places trade
Stretched on a cross Your body crushed
By human hands You formed from dust

Oh, how wonderful Your mercy is
How awesome are Your ways
I come, I come
To worship You for all You've done

Oh, Cleanser of the mess I've made
Your boundless love for me portrayed
With patience for my learning curve
By holding back what I deserve

Oh, how wonderful Your mercy is
How awesome are Your ways
I come, I come
To worship You for all You've done

Oh, Cleanser of the mess I've made
With everything at Your feet laid
I watch as all my cares erode
And from my soul these words explode

Oh, how wonderful Your mercy is
How awesome are Your ways
I come, I come
To worship You for all You've done

---Clint Lagerberg

If we... as individuals... understand what He has done... The Cleanser of the mess I've made... then our life... our whole life... would be a spiritual act of worship...
obeying His Word...
loving others impartially...
serving those less fortunate...
submitting our lives to Him...
trusting Him by faith...
as James teaches...

Because...
mercy fulfills the law...
mercy defeated death...
mercy saves...
mercy frees...

Mercy triumphs...! Amen...

Learn more about His wonderful mercy... come along on The Journey...

This week's readings...
Monday              Proverbs 1-2
Tuesday              Proverbs 3
Wednesday         Proverbs 4-5
Thursday             Proverbs 6
Friday                 Proverbs 7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment