Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Monday, August 3, 2015

beautiful feet...

The study with ladies completed today... the one started several weeks ago... a spin off of posts first published here... the going deeper into Romans 8...

In preparation for this study... He brought a verse to my attention...

How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!
Romans 10:15 ESV

I came across it in several places... and it echoed through my mind as I prepared...

Knowing the title of the study... Romans 8: The Heart of the Gospel... I considered my feet...

At the time... the only word to describe my feet...? Ugly...

My left big toenail missed a large chunk from a recent run in with a cabinet door... both second toenails black... bruised... from an unfortunate purchase of a pair of walking shoes...

Both big toes sported large callouses... then an infection from trying to remove them in a not so great way (I'll spare you the details)... I finished the course of antibiotics a week before the start of  the study... my feet were in bad shape...

With this verse running through my mind... I wasn't feeling very confident about bringing the gospel message to my table with such ugly feet... but by faith... I did...

Around week three of the seven weeks of study... the verse returned to my thoughts... beautiful are the feet of those who bring the good news...

Oddly enough... I was moved to buy nail polish... this is NOT something I do... I've never really been into the nail polish thing... it's just too much trouble... I'm too pragmatic... I can't even remember EVER painting my toenails...

But there I was... standing in Wal-Mart... looking for the perfect shade of polish... one that would coordinate with both pink and red... I brought it home and set it on my bathroom counter as a reminder... beautiful are the feet of those who bring the good news...

After the callous fiasco... I had bought a pumice stone for my feet... also something I don't do... About week four of the study I took a look at my feet... they were actually looking pretty good... better than they had in a long time... A friend even commented on them... I'm not one to really consider my feet much... if they don't hurt and I'm happy with my shoes... it's all good..

But contrary to me... I began to wonder... anticipate... what my feet would look like at the end of the study... Anticipation of busting open the nail polish even took hold... beautiful are the feet of those who bring the good news...

So today... the final lesson... and I just have to laugh... because He does such interesting things at times...

Sometimes He brings about a physical manifestation... of a spiritual reality... to provide encouragement...

He knew my heart was unsure of what I was doing...
He knew I was taking steps of faith...
allowing Him to stretch me to new lengths...
He knew I would see... and laugh with Him...

Beautiful are the feet of those who bring the good news...


So yes... these are my feet... not perfect... but far better than they usually look...

And for me... a confirmation... that it was Him along the way...
Him leading...
Him guiding...
Him providing strength... time... energy...

And no... your feet do not have to be beautiful to bring the gospel message...

His feet... nail scarred... stained with blood...

To follow Christ... is to bring good news wherever we go...
and that makes our feet beautiful...

Our feet take us all sorts of places... and when they are shod with the gospel of peace... they bring His grace... love... peace... and hope... wherever we go...

But He does make me smile... with encouragement... affirmation... through the physical manifestation of a spiritual reality...

Thank You... Lord... for the beautiful feet...
Thank You... for blessing me with the opportunity...
to make them beautiful for You...

No comments:

Post a Comment