Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Monday, August 17, 2015

seeking wisdom... trying not to doubt...

He is so gracious... so loving... so faithful... to those He's created... He promises wisdom to those who ask...

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God,
who gives generously to all without reproach,
and it will be given him.
James 1:5 ESV

There is no chiding for not knowing already...
no partiality... no prerequisites...
He graciously... generously... gives wisdom...
to those who ask... who know they are lacking...

But there is one stipulation...

But let him ask in faith, with no doubting,
for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea
that is driven and tossed by the wind.
For that person must not suppose that he will receive
anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man,
unstable in all his ways.
James 1:6-8 ESV

God will not give... when He knows we are simply asking for His opinion... He will not give... if we are seeking others for what sounds best to us...

When we ask... we must have a heart of faith...
trusting His wisdom as the best... the only... option...

I need His wisdom in several areas at this time...
I know I'm lacking...

My doubt... is with my own hearing...
if what I'm hearing is Him... or me...

If I knew for sure it was from Him... I would go with what I hear... boldly... but I don't trust me...

I'm reminded of what I say to others...
Hearing Him is by faith... and if you believe you have heard Him and act by faith on what you hear... He will bless... for Romans 8:28 kicks in...
And we know that for those who love God
all things work together for good,
for those who are called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:28 ESV 

Without faith... it is impossible to please Him...

Therefore... I'm...
listening by faith...
seeking His wisdom...
trusting Him to make Himself clear...

Thank You... Lord... for Your generous outpouring of wisdom...

... the wisdom from above is first pure,
then peaceable, gentle, open to reason,
full of mercy and good fruits,
impartial and sincere.
James 3:17 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment