Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

overwhelmed...

I find myself... in this moment... overwhelmed by His Word...

This place... where I sit and write... is a sanctuary for me...
even though it looks like a complete mess... a disarray...




I came tonight... thinking about what He might want me to say... what He had said to me today... but as I began... three lines in... I had to employ the backspace key...

Because in this place... where He and I meet...
a cluttered up corner of my laundry room...
the process of just opening a Bible...
looking for a Word that went with the now deleted words...
I was overwhelmed... by His entire Word...

The gift of His breathed-out Word...
translated for centuries...
bound in leather... and paper...
stuck together with glue...
just filled me with wonder...

And I wonder now... if you have a place...
a sanctuary... where you meet Him daily...
maybe multiple times a day...
to hear what He has to say...
to pour out your heart to Him...
to commune... wrestle... adore... and wonder...?

Because if you don't... you need one...
because when you cultivate a place...
even one that looks like a mess...
where people dump their dirty clothes...
and dust bunnies... and dirt... and too much stuff covers the floor...
as soon as you sit... each time you return... He's there...
and sometimes... He's just waiting to overwhelm you...

Lord... thank You for this place... this thin place...
where You seem near... so accessible...
thank You for drawing me here... drawing me near...
overwhelming me... with Your Word...

When your words came, I ate them;
they were my joy and my heart's delight...
Jeremiah 15:16

No comments:

Post a Comment