Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Sunday, January 5, 2014

first steps on a new journey... surprised by joy...

Today... the first steps taken in a new journey... a new ministry of sorts...

A journey through Scripture... the whole... over three years... together with others... in a Sunday School class... aptly named...


The Journey

When the inspiration first came... I shared the thought... thinking the idea would be shot down by others who knew better... but no... it was embraced... encouraged...

Moving forward... presenting the thought to those who could Yea or Nay the proposal... and these several months later... the day to begin came...

What has struck me as odd about this particular call... is me... and the way my heart has responded...

Past calls... have left me feeling fear... No not this... Really...? responding with obedience... just because... I had no other choice... because He says so... I will...

So today... and the past several days... the overriding feeling came as a surprise... joy... accompanied by... excitement... no fear... no dread... (even though the Kindle was packed... just in case I found myself in an empty room...)

Something... has shifted... in my relationship with Him... something healed... redeemed... in my heart... because this is weird... this is not me... who faces a call... an unknown... with joy... and... excitement...

In this odd revelation... I find my heart... filled with song... literally...

You're altogether lovely
Altogether worthy
Altogether wonderful to me

Here I am to worship
Here I am to bow down
Here I am to say that You're my God


Praising You... for what You're up to in me...

I said to the Lord, "You are my Lord;
apart from you I have no good thing."
Psalm 16:2

No comments:

Post a Comment