Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Sunday, January 19, 2014

be diligent...

I hear it this morning...
on my knees...
asking for guidance...
to face the week ahead...

Be diligent...

So I go to the dictionary... and the Word...

diligent... steady... earnest... energetic... 

And I remember... my brokenness... making me a sieve... 

How do I remain steady... energetic... when all just flows through...?

Only in Him... the One who provides... streams of living water... from within...

Diligence... comes from a steady focus... on Him... constant filling from Him...

The Word... it says...

"Only take care, and keep your soul diligently, lest you forget the things that your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life.
Deuteronomy 4:9 ESV
(emphasis added)

diligently... translated from the Hebrew... mâʿod... meaning... might... force... abundance... muchness...

... take care... keep your soul... with muchness...? 

How does this happen... when I feel like not such a much...?

And I find this particular Hebrew... in another verse... and make it a prayer... 

You have commanded your precepts to be kept diligently.
Oh that my ways may be steadfast in keeping your statutes!
Then I shall not be put to shame, 
having my eyes fixed on all your commandments.
Psalm 119:4-6 ESV

Lord... You call me to be diligent... on this journey...
Oh... that I would be steady... in walking Your Way... keep my eyes... focused on You... provide the muchness... needed...


This week's readings... for The Journey...
Monday             John 9
Tuesday             John 10
Wednesday        John 11:1-44
Thursday            John 11:45 - 12:26
Friday                John 12:27 - 13:20

No comments:

Post a Comment