Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Sunday, June 22, 2014

longing...

My soul breaks with longing
For Your judgments at all times.
Psalm 119:20 NKJV

longing... noun... a strong desire especially for something unattainable: craving
---Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary (Eleventh Edition)
I've come to a place where I no longer desire... trust... my own judgments or opinions. I don't even want them anymore.

My soul breaks with longing... for His judgments... I long for them... crave them... regarding several issues in my life right now.

Webster's definition of longing includes the air of unattainability...

Are His judgments unattainable?

I don't think so...

In this world... they may feel unattainable... inaccessible... too many other voices... the enemy deceiving... our own hearts... flesh... desiring what we want... willing to be led a stray... wanting to be right... His judgments may seem out of reach...

But He tell us...

"Ask and it will be given to you;
seek, and you will find...
Matthew 7:7 ESV

So today I ask... and wait... with open ear... knowing He is faithful... trusting His Word to be true...

Lord... tell me Your judgments... I want to be in agreement with You... You alone can give trustworthy judgments... You alone know each heart... the heart of individuals and the heart of the law... I long for Your opinion... decision... pronouncement...


[Note: The two weeks away with family were good... a blessing... yet on return... I'm still left with longings... a reminder that this world is not my home... and my journey incomplete...]

This week's readings for The Journey...
Monday                  Leviticus 8
Tuesday                  Leviticus 9-10
Wednesday             Leviticus 11
Thursday                 Leviticus 12:1 - 13:27
Friday                     Leviticus 13:28-59

No comments:

Post a Comment