Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

trust Me...

It started last week... a tune to a hymn I couldn't name... echoing through my head...

Humming as I woke... and throughout the day... words mostly unknown... the only ones I came up with... I sang...

Jesus, Jesus how I love Him...
Hmm hmmm hmm hm hm hm hmmm...
Jesus, Jesus precious Jesus...
Hmm hm hmmm hm hm hm hmmmm...

Intending to go online and find the lyrics... because I know from experience... when He places a tune... a hymn in my head... He has something to tell me... but busy days followed...

The melody persisted... and it wasn't until Sunday afternoon... after thumbing through the hymnal during worship... after asking another if she knew it... that I finally got on the internet to find words...

Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, “Thus saith the Lord!”

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er’
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
Oh, for grace to trust Him more!

Oh, how sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood;
And in simple faith to plunge me
‘Neath the healing, cleansing flood!

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er’
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
Oh, for grace to trust Him more!

Yes, ‘tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
 Life and rest, and joy and peace.

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er’
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
Oh, for grace to trust Him more!

I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er’
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
Oh, for grace to trust Him more!

The hymn... Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus... trust... not... love...

Since retreating... I had been focused on loving Him... singing away a hymn with the words I thought I knew... but exchanging love for trust... when I read these lyrics... it was like... Ahhh... this is what You want me to know... 

Him... saying to my heart... Trust Me...

Back to the question of faith... and the root of cynicism... here is where He says... Trust Me...

Now I'm learning this hymn... struggling still with replacing trust with love...as I sing... but I'm learning...

Tis so sweet... to trust... in Jesus...

Trusting Him... with loved ones... and the seemingly unchanged...

You keep him in perfect peace
whose mind is stayed on you,
because he trusts in you.
Trust in the Lord forever,
for the Lord God is an everlasting rock.
Isaiah 26:3-4 ESV

Oh... for grace... to trust You more...


No comments:

Post a Comment