Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

trusting Him for what He's done...

Continuing to hum... sing... Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus... Just to take Him at His Word... and finding it difficult...

A catch in my heart... keeps me from fully resting... trusting... in His work...

Eyes keep turning to me... my failings... my doubts... my fear... of rejection... punishment...

Fears... unfounded... if I would just trust... have faith... in His Word... and work...

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
Romans 8:1-5 ESV

Thinking too highly of myself... I suppose... believing what I do... where I fail... is greater... than Him... His work...

Silly really...

The verse that comes to mind...

And without faith it is impossible to please him,
for whoever would draw near to God must believe
that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.
Hebrews 11:6 ESV

...faith... in this verse comes from the Greek... pistis... according to Louw Nida means... to believe to the extent of complete trust and reliance...

And... believe... in this verse... pisteuo... shares the same root... bears the same meaning...

So I hear... without trust... it is impossible to please Him... whoever would draw near to God must trust...

Trust... this is where I need to grow... 

Primarily... stop trusting in me... and trust fully in Him... His love... and His work on the cross...

For how I do long to please Him... be near Him...

The stanza... I'm most drawn to... in my trusting hymn... the one I want to live out... is...

Yes, 'tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest, and joy and peace.

Oh... for grace... to trust You more...

No comments:

Post a Comment