Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Thursday, April 17, 2014

more freedom... from misconceptions surrounding obedience...

I heard it in my heart... Spirit to spirit...

Obedience is not about getting what you want...

Building on recent revelation... 
If obedience is solely about my relationship with Him... then it is not for obtaining what I want...

An unconscious belief... that I could control a situation... bend Him to act on my behalf... through obedience...

Clearly a misconception hidden deep in my heart... 
Clearly connected to the recently revealed... insidious... perverted... pride...

My... My... My... (sighed with a shaking of the head...)

There is a place in my life... where God has given me a Word... connected with a strong desire... one I've been working on... and waiting on... for a lot of years...

And I can't count the times... I've said... or thought... 
It's my fault this is not happening...
I'm such a slow learner... remedial in my obedience... stiff-necked...

Eyes on self... again...! (recognize the pride...?)

A truth revealed...

Obedience to Him is not about getting what I want...

Ahhh...

Yet another place of freedom...

My pursuit of following His Word... obeying His instruction... does not make my desire come to pass...

He alone... in His timing... will bring about what He will bring about... (changes in me... and in others...)

Now I say this... not from a rebellious... or disobedient heart...

Over the years... I have pursued obedience to what He said... to the utmost of my faith... and understanding...

I'm not saying... Give up... don't obey... it doesn't do any good...

I'm saying... I've had a misunderstanding... a misconception... hidden deep within my heart... a lie planted by the enemy... that has been bearing rotten fruit... and unwanted weeds... in my relationship with Him... for a long time...

Again... I say... 

Ahhh...

I feel release... from a previously unrecognized bondage... 

Thank You... Lord...

What about you...? Do you have misconceptions... concerning obedience... that steal your joy... and peace...? Or any other lie... the enemy has planted deep within...?

Seek Him... ask Him... pursue Him... just for Him... and see what He might reveal...

Blessed are those who keep his statutes
and seek him with all their heart...
Psalm 119:2 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment