Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Monday, August 26, 2013

words... the power to diminish... or multiply...

Opportunities to diminish others... abound... through criticism... judgmental attitudes... micro-management...

With fresh opportunities before me... I remember a lesson from the Summit... one I need desperately today...

The speaker shared ways that multiply the leadership potential of those around us... but also revealed ways we diminish others... often unintentionally... not recognizing the power behind our actions and words...

A message that convicted... as a mom who has... longing to build up... most likely discouraged and diminished my children at times... without even knowing it...

Today... a critical point... I must resist... the temptation to fall into the pattern of diminishing...

Those around me need... their confidence... competence... and courage... multiplied...

So I remember... and pray...

Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths,
but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion,
that it may give grace to those who hear.
Ephesians 4:29 ESV
(my emphasis)

corrupt... to change from good to bad in morals, manners, or actions... rot, spoil... to cause disintegration or ruin...

Corrupting talk... it changes those who hear it... from good to bad... rots... spoils... their spirit... causes disintegration or ruin... in an attitude...

grace... good will, loving-kindness, favour... the merciful kindness by which God, exerting his holy influence upon souls, turns them to Christ, keeps, strengthens, increases them in Christian faith, knowledge, affection, and kindles them to the exercise of the Christian virtues...

Words that give grace... build up... turn others to Christ... encourage... strengthen... kindle... the desire to pursue His Way...

Those are the words... attitudes... I need to emit today...

Lord... remind me... the diminisher in me is dead...
I am a new creation in Christ... You live through me...
You provide... the words... attitudes... needed today...
apart from You... I cannot multiply... those I love...

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13 NASB95

No comments:

Post a Comment