Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Sunday, August 25, 2013

a foretaste of heaven...

My husband and I had the privilege of being invited to a second cousin's wedding reception... in a city outside my family's primary stomping grounds...

We went with my sister... didn't check with other sibs to see if they were attending... nor had I heard of any cousins or other family that would be in attendance... besides the bride's family...

The evening turned into a greater joy than I imagined... family gathered up from many different places... some I hadn't seen in years...

Family... forever intermingled with childhood memories...

The Guest Book... gave the first glimpse... of who was present...

The seating chart... revealed even more surprises...

Common phrases I heard through the evening...

I didn't know you would be here...

I'm so glad to see you...

It's been so long...

The ultimate phrase... from a sweet cousin... who approached... after I smiled and waved across two tables...

Just now... I saw your mom in your eyes... 
It made me so happy...

Throat tightens as I write the words... eyes well... brim...

It would make me so happy to see my mom's eyes... after more than 19 years...

So today... I realize... the wedding party last night... with family gathered... reunited after long separation... abundance of food... drink... dancing... was a foretaste of what is to come... 

Joy of seeing those long gone before us... surprises at who all will be in attendance... pleasure abounding for heart... body... and soul...

Yes... a foretaste of heaven... thoughts that stir anticipation... longing... and a full heart...

"Praise the Lord!
For the Lord our God, the Almighty, reigns.
Let us be glad and rejoice,
and let us give honor to him.
For the time has come for the wedding feast of the Lamb,
and his bride has prepared herself. ..."
"Blessed are those who are invited
to the wedding feast of the Lamb."
Revelation 19:6-7, 9 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment