Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Monday, August 19, 2013

daily devotions... fresh each day... like coffee...

Daily devotions... commitments to pray... two thirty-day prayer journeys... one over half-way done... the other just five days in...


My attitude feels... stale... my heart distracted by other things to get to...

Lord... how do I keep these daily devotions fresh...? I want them to be a living part of my relationship with You... not a box to check... I want to be with You... pray in agreement with You... listen for You... as I pray through these thirty days...

Thoughts they turn to things I do each day... for family... for me... repetitive tasks to begin the day... beginnings on my mind because this is where I am right now... beginning my day... my spiritual tasks before Him...

Coffee... it sits next to my computer... warm... aromatic... fresh...


Each morning making coffee is one of the first tasks... a chore that doesn't always feel like a chore... I enjoy the result way too much... even though it's decaf... the warmth of the cup... the smell... taste... feel... of each swallow... is a fresh joy each day...

So today... I see... the need to approach these dailys with Him... these commitments I've made... as spiritual coffee...

First things first... made fresh... a living... active... part of my daily day with Him...

Lord... help me keep it fresh... each day... in every way...

No comments:

Post a Comment