Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Friday, February 17, 2012

warnings

Before entering the Promised Land, the Israelites were warned...

"...Beware lest you say in your heart, 'My power and the might of my hand have gotten me this wealth.' ..."
Deuteronomy 8:17
ESV

"Do not say in your heart, after the Lord your God has thrust [the enemy] out before you, 'It is because of my righteousness that the Lord has brought me in to possess the land'...
Deuteronomy 9:4
ESV

Beware of pride... when blessing enters in... success deceives: I did it... I'm better...

We have... only because God gave... for His glory...

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. ... This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit...
John 15:5, 8
(emphasis mine)

All is from God and for God... He works in the lives of Believers to point the world to Him...

Beware... remember... it's not about you... do not steal God's glory for yourself...

Lord Jesus, remind me today that apart from You I am nothing... my next breath... next heartbeat... are gifts from You... May my life glorify You... point others to You...

No comments:

Post a Comment