Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

waiting thoughts continue...

The verses on waiting over the last few weeks... still stir in my heart... perhaps because I'm doing some waiting...

I think of the patient farmer James tells us to be like...
waiting patiently for what's been planted... hidden... in the ground...

Be patient, then, brothers and sisters, until the Lord's coming.
See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop,
patiently waiting for the autumn and spring rains.
James 5:7 NIV

Waiting... for growth... for change...
seems to come from something...
hidden away... out of sight...

Jesus told us about another farmer...
scattering seeds... crops growing...
but the farmer has no idea how it happened...

And he said, "The kingdom of God is as if a man should scatter
seed on the ground. He sleeps and rises night and day, and the seed sprouts
and grows; he knows not how. ..."
Mark 4:26-27 ESV

The woman who hid leavening in the bread...
she had to wait for it to grow...

And again he said, "To what shall I compare the kingdom of God?
It is like leaven that a woman took and hid in three measures of flour,
until it was all leavened."
Luke 13:20-21 ESV

This hiding... of Word...
waiting for the Kingdom to burst forth...
takes time... days and nights...
it begins where we can't see...
and is a mystery to us who wait...

Some of the things I'm waiting on make my heart heavy...
make me groan with deep desire to see something happen...
I call on the Holy Spirit to interpret my groans...
intercede on behalf of those I groan for...

And this hidden thought comes to mind...
this reminder that I'm in a season...
of patient waiting...

Waiting for growth...
I don't know how...
in a place I cannot see...
patiently waiting...
on Him who is trustworthy...

Amen...

No comments:

Post a Comment