Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Friday, November 11, 2016

rest in Him... Exodus 33:14...

And he said, "My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."
Exodus 33:14 ESV

God had said to Moses...

"... I will not go up among you, lest I consume you on the way,
for you are a stiff-necked people."
Exodus 33:3 ESV

He said this after the golden calf incident...
and the smashing of the commandments...

His announcement sent Moses into a tizzy...

Moses said to the Lord, "See, you say to me,
'Bring up this people,' but you have not let me know
whom you will send with me. Yet you have said,
'I know you by name, and you have also found favor in my sight.'
Now therefore, if I have found favor in your sight.
Consider too that this nation is your people."
Exodus 33:12-13 ESV

Moses found no rest... in God staying behind...

God had compassion on Moses...
in response to his prayer...
He relented and said...
My presence will go with you...

Along with God's presence...
He gives us rest...

No other presence...
gives us rest...
only God...

Like Moses...
call on Him to lead you...
follow Him and no other...
know His rest...

No comments:

Post a Comment