Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

rest in Him... Joshua 1:9...

"...Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.
Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed,
for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:9 ESV

After wrestling with Him...
over too much to do...
I find myself today...
resting in His call...

His call feels great...
and I feel small...

Joshua comes to mind...
called to fill the shoes of Moses...
(talk about a great call...)

Joshua called to seemingly impossible tasks...
lead hundreds of thousands across the flood stage Jordan...
defeat a great walled city with trumpets and shouts...

Along the way... in the midst of the call...
over and over... God assured...
Be strong... be courageous...
do not be dismayed... do not feel small...
I will be with you... wherever you go...

My call... not near as great as Joshua's...
but still... today... seems almost impossible...

And like Joshua...
I choose to rest in His call...
rest in His leading...
and the knowledge... wherever He calls me...
He will not leave me...

1 comment:

  1. Hello Mrs. Carol. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. We in our family devotion took the same scripture and mediated up on the instructions God gave to Joshua after making him a leader to lead Israel to the promised land. After finishing the devotion I sat infront of my computer to go through one of the bloggers blog post and yours came across and I found yours and to my surprise the same scripture portion. The Lord strongly brought reminded me of His promise and instructions in my leadership through your blog post. I am truly blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with you as well as know you through your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I love getting conected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 37 yrs in in this great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reachout to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have young people from your circle or church to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. My email id is : dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear fro m you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete