Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Monday, November 14, 2016

rest in Him... Exodus 13:21-22...

And the Lord went before them by day in a pillar of cloud to lead them along the way,
and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, that they might travel by day
and by night. The pillar of cloud by day and the pillar of fire by night
did not depart from before the people.
Exodus 13:21-22 ESV

I've been feeling stress-full of late...
all He's calling me to do...
with deadlines looming... seems impossible...
makes me feel I might fail...
which in turn makes me whiny...
(according to my husband...)

So today... I find myself... far from rest-full...
and needing to take a look at... Why...?

He reveals I've been focusing on the end...
believing rest... satisfaction... fulfillment...
will be found when it's all done...

But I know full well...
there will always be more...

And I think about Moses... finding rest in God's presence...

God's presence visible to Moses and the people he leads...
resting in God's continual guidance...
the pillar of cloud by day...
the pillar of fire by night...

They followed... forty years in the wilderness...
(at my age... I doubt I still have forty to go...)
and for many in the Exodus... a whole generation... including Moses...
the journey was all they had...
they didn't finish...
they didn't enter... the promised land...

I see rest is not found at the completion of the current call...
because the true end does not come till He returns...
rest is to be found in the journey...

Following His lead...
from one thing to the next...
being blessed now...
finding joy... peace... rest... now...
in the journey with Him...

Because really...
the journey is where transformation happens...
the journey is where sanctification does its work...
the day to day journey... of following Him...
resting in His faith-full presence...

Amen...

No comments:

Post a Comment