Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

unreasonable love...

It's ridiculous... really...
when I look at... changes taking place in me...

I've received something... 
unasked for...
unwanted...
from an unpleasant (to say the least) experience...

Something I find myself...
growing attached to...
fond of...
his name... Omega...


You see... the unpleasant episode...
a cat infestation...
seriously... don't laugh...

A stray momma cat had kittens in one of our flower beds...
and we didn't find them till they were too old to catch...

They eventually got in the upstairs garage area...
which leads to the attic...

The ordeal involved traps...
the near destruction of a bathroom...
and kittens hiding in the back of a refrigerator...

It was very stressful...
and no one deals with feral cats...
(at least not in our area...)
not the SPCA...
not the animal shelter...
not the county...

Once trapped... the mom was calm enough to get to the vet... and spayed...

Two of the three kittens too far gone...
(there were originally four... we have no idea what happened to it...)
one... pseudo-tame... trapped a week earlier than the others...
or maybe he just had a different disposition...

I'll spare you the traumatic details... but Omega got his name... because he was the last kitten standing... the remnant...

My husband wanted to keep him... tame him fully... so he lived in our master bathroom for several weeks... the only room where he couldn't hide under... or behind...

Wanting to reclaim my bathtub... I kicked him out of the house on a cold rainy day... thinking he would get along fine with the two other cats... the only cat that was rightfully ours... and the recently spayed momma cat with no place else to go...

Needless to say... it was not pretty... both big cats hissing... chasing off the kitten... him running... hiding... from the ones who would rescue...

After a forced recovery operation...
my bathroom... returned to a cat room...

This kitten... had a very traumatic early life... and the more he was in... the more I wanted to protect him from any more trauma... I found myself advocating for the kitten... who my husband now wanted to make an outside cat...

You have to understand... this is not me...
I never... let me repeat... NEVER...
wanted an indoor animal... of any kind...
yet the thought of traumatizing this kitten...
with even one more environment change...
broke my heart... I couldn't do it...

So yes... we now have an indoor cat...
recently neutered... and declawed...
he's sitting on the desk this moment... as I type...
his head resting on my hand as  he sleeps...

And I wonder how this happened...
learning to love this cat...
one I didn't want...
didn't ask for...

It's funny... but God's spoken to me through the cat infestation... and this kitten...

Through the infestation... and crazy dangerous kittens...
I came to see... how at some point... there is no other choice...
but to destroy a people... too far gone...
those who only wreak havoc... destruction... with no hope of restoration...

I've seen how we run... fearful... in rain and cold...
from the only One... who gives us refuge...

And He's spoken to me... about how animals...
created to be... purr... eat... sleep...
live by instinct...
while people... fallen people... being redeemed by a Savior...
are created to work... fight... battle... persevere...

This cat...
this Omega cat...
beyond reason...
has worked his way into my heart...

An unreasonable love...
something like His... I suppose...
on a much smaller scale...

Love is patient, love is kind.
1 Corinthians 13:4

No comments:

Post a Comment