Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Thursday, February 18, 2016

a lesson... His shield of grace...

The word catching my attention yesterday... shield... has given me a new perspective today...

His shield of grace in my life... I've always thought of as a means to protect me from what I deserve... from the consequences of my own sin...

But after yesterday... I see it in a new light...

Someone or ones... sinned against me...
and what I found to be true...
His shield of grace...
saved others from me...!

Not only do we need to be shielded by His grace...
others need to be shielded by His grace from us...

When we stand behind His shield of grace...
fully aware of all He has saved us from...
fully away of what we deserve...
then when we are sinned against...
our response is filtered through His grace...

What we have received...
we are more willing to give to others...

Grace...

Who has He shielded from you...? by His grace...?

Thank-full today... Lord... for this picture of Your shield of grace...
one that not only protects me... but protects others... from me...
Amen and Amen...!

No comments:

Post a Comment