Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Sunday, August 3, 2014

eyes open to broken...

Worshiped today... with eyes open to broken...

A Communion Sunday... every member in turn... taking their place at the altar rail... receiving Him...

Sitting toward the back I watch... seeing broken lives... a broken Body...

Recognizing broken... and remembering the lesson learned... prayers for healing flowed... waiting my turn to go forward...

At the rail... kneeling... head bowed... I hear the one serving the one on my right...

The broken body of Christ given for you...

And then to me...

The gift of God given to you...

Then to the one on my left...

The broken body of Christ given for you...

He was broken... as a gift for us... that we might be healed...

Our broken... perhaps a grace... a gift... that we might know... our need for healing... know our need for Him...?

And then we sing... a hymn... whose verse affirms this thought...

I, the Lord of snow and rain,
I have born my people's pain.
I have wept for love of them, 
They turn away.
I will break their hearts of stone,
Give them hearts for love alone.
I will speak My word to them,
Whom shall I send?

Him broken... so we might be healed...
He breaks... so we might receive...
Grace...

For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness,"
made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light
of the knowledge of the glory of God
in the face of Christ.
But we have this treasure in jars of clay
to show that this all-surpassing power is from God
and not from us.
2Corinthians 4:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment