Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Monday, August 18, 2014

a call to stop...

Returning home on Saturday evening... I saw it... a sign...

Prayer Garden
Public Welcome

Passing this sign at 65 mph... that still small voice said... Stop...

So I slowed... significantly... where the arrow pointed... and all I saw was an RV park...

Thinking... Well... I missed it... I zoomed on... but not for long...

That voice... His Spirit... it pressed... 

Passing each spot to U-turn... the angst... increased...

Asking forgiveness for missing the opportunity... did not bring peace...

At the next left turn lane on the highway... I turned...

Backtracking several miles... I came again to the sign... a sign to pray...

Making my way to the garden... car parked... Bible in one hand... iPad in the other... I found myself standing at the entry to the prayer garden and prayed... OK... I'm here... 


With ears open... I began to walk...

My expectation... He had something for me... something to tell me... adding to all I heard over the last two days at the leadership conference...

But continuing down the path... it was hard to hear...

Next door... country and western tunes blared... as the neighbor worked on his house...

The garden was full of concrete animals... and men's words... 

All a bit distracting...

Making my way to the gazebo... I sat... telling Him... I'm trying to hear... but there is a lot of noise from the world here... 

I listened more... What do you have for me...?

Nothing...

Then... Why am I here...?

To pray for this church...

Ahhh.... there's the unexpected answer... 
I was not called to this garden to receive...
but to give...

What shall I pray...?


(His standard answer for everything of late...)

And so I prayed... through the psalm... for the church He led me to...

When I was done... I went back to the car... headed again... for home...

No more angst... at each turn around...

Just peace...  

And wonder... at a call... to stop... and intercede... for a church... I know nothing about...

Privileged for the opportunity... grateful for the turnaround... and the blessing of serving Him... wherever He leads...

Is He calling you to stop...? not for yourself... but for another...?

Be willing to listen... stop... and intercede... when He calls... even if you don't know exactly who it is you are praying for...

And pray in the Spirit on all occasions
with all kinds of prayers and requests.
With this in mind, be alert and 
always keep on praying for all the saints.
Ephesians 6:18

No comments:

Post a Comment