Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Thursday, August 28, 2014

challenges of new... reveal a truth of old...

This journey into new... new job... new skills... new challenges... leads to the opportunity for lots of errors...

Errors from presumption... and assumption... each highlighted after the fact... by clear cut evidence... a solid piece of testimony... revealing the error...

Backtracking... confession... time... required to correct each...

I wake in the night... errors haunting...

Wondering how I could make such mistakes... when I know what to do... but somehow I don't do it...?

A parallel emerges... between this new endeavor... its pitfalls... and my own life... a truth of old...

Each and everyday... I make mistakes... commit sins... against Him... in the unseen realm... based on presumption... and assumption...

It's just that for the most part... these go unnoticed... no physical evidence readily available to reveal the sin...

Eventually yes... through challenging relationships... unkind attitudes... and a decreased sensitivity to error...

But in the moment... nothing seems all that detrimental...

These challenges of new... reveal a truth of old...

Who can discern his errors?
Declare me innocent from hidden faults.
Keep back your servant also from presumptuous sins;
let them not have dominion over me!
Then I shall be blameless,
and innocent of great transgression.
Psalm 19:12-13 ESV

Oh... praise Him for His Son... Jesus... the One who saves...!

In Him alone... am I declared innocent from hidden faults...
and those blatantly obvious...

Yes... today... I will focus on His great grace...
and pray for some... from those I serve...
on this new business journey...


Lord... keep back Your servant... from presumptuous sin...
Only in You... may I be blameless... of great transgression...

No comments:

Post a Comment