Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Monday, May 12, 2014

His Word... a solid place to land...

I'm reminded today... of the sheer magnitude of His Word... to steady a life spinning out of control...

Feeling off kilter... like a top just before it drops... brought to mind a much more intense reeling I experienced over fifteen years ago...

My father underwent surgery to improve his health... a heart valve replacement...

Things did not go as planned... to call it a complete disaster... would be more accurate...

The news sent me reeling... spiritually and emotionally... no where to land securely... as I gathered my three young children... and waited for my husband... so we could go the 200 miles... to be with family and wait...

This was early in my walk with Christ... my mom not even five years gone... still finding my way... with this Savior who captured my heart through her illness and death...

After seeing and receiving... all the horrific news... facing decisions... which would have to be made concerning my dad's health... life... I remember being in the shower at my brother's house... literally feeling like the world was spinning out of control...

Crying out to Him... He said... Go to my Word...

Out of the shower... dried... dressed... I took my Bible... and opened it... as He had commanded...

It opened to Psalm 103... I began to read...

Praise the Lord, O my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord, O my soul, 
and forget not all his benefits...

As I read the Word... my world started to settle... emotions stilled... the spinning stopped... peace returned...

Nothing had changed when it came to the circumstances... but here... in this place... in this moment... He taught me the power... truth... and beauty of His Word... as a firm foundation... a solid place to land...

So you may ask... What has you off kilter now...?

Those in His church... who discount the accuracy of His Word... reject its inerrancy... teach others... to translate it in the light of current social norms... and with cultural sensitivity... 

In this moment... today... He brings back to mind the power of His Word... to calm... still... and bring peace...

The world may reject His Way... denominations may alter its meaning... but not me...

I will allow His Word... to transform me... but I will not alter His Word...

I know... it is a solid place to land... the only place to find firm footing... and truth...

As for man, his days are like grass,
he flourishes like a flower of the field;
the wind blows over it and it is gone,
and its place remembers it no more.
But from everlasting to everlasting
the Lord's love is with those who fear him,
and his righteousness with their children's children---
with those who keep his covenant 
and remember to obey his precepts.
Psalm 103:15-18

Reminded anew... afresh... of the power... of His Word...

No comments:

Post a Comment