Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

silencing the cymbal...

Cluttered thoughts... lead to a cluttered heart...

Feeling like a clanging cymbal... as the day begins... love lacking... in action and word...

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels,
 but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
1Corinthians 13:1 ESV
(my emphasis)

Approaching life with muddled thoughts of grumbling... discontent... self-pity...

Love is patient and kind... 
It does not insist on its own way;
it is not irritable or resentful...
1Corinthians 13:4-5 ESV
(emphasis mine)

Reminders... in my house... set in places... for just such attitudes...




Do everything without grumbling and arguing...
Philippians 2:14 HCSB

Songs memorized... to sing... my heart... back to peace...


Fighting to remember...
the Savior...

And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior.
Luke 1:47 NASB

His Love...

Love bears all things, 
believes all things, 
hopes all things, 
endures all things.
1Corinthians 13:7 ESV

His peace...

His peace will guard your hearts and minds
as you live in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:7 NLT

His strength...

For I can do everything through Christ,
who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13 NLT

Die to self...

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live,
but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh
I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and
gave Himself up for me. ..."
Galatians 2:20 NASB

And live... in... Him...

No comments:

Post a Comment