Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Sunday, April 14, 2013

a taste of discipleship

Obedience... abiding... self-denial... the three-strand cord... of discipleship...

Obedience... requires abiding... without abiding... resting in Him... we do not know what He wants us to do... and are unable to do it apart from Him...

"I am the vine; you are the branches. The one who remains in Me and I in him produces much fruit, because you can do nothing without Me. If anyone does not remain in Me, he is thrown aside like a branch and he withers. They gather them, throw them into the fire, and they are burned.
John 15:5-6 HCSB

Obedience... requires self-denial... at times laying aside fear...

"...I said, 'You are my servant';
I have chosen you and have not rejected you.
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. ..."
Isaiah 41:9b-10 

...at other times... laying down pride...

Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.
James 4:10

Today... a taste of both...

But in the test... and rest... of abiding... I find peace... and joy... at seeing less of me... and more of Him...

"My Father is glorified by this:
that you produce much fruit and prove to be My disciples. ..."
John 15:8 HCSB

No comments:

Post a Comment