Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Monday, April 22, 2013

19 years... the long and short of it...

A time period... sometimes seems long... sometimes short...

Even just one minute... can seem too long when you are holding your breath... or completing a set of ab exercises... but when you have one minute to complete a task... or get across town for an appointment... it's nothing...

Today for me... marks a long... and short...

It's been 19 years... since my mom left this world for paradise...

"I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."
Luke 23:43

A long time... not to hear her laugh... see her smile... share time... and space... with her... a day to memorialize... embrace grief... and joy... recognize... loss... and gain...

My mom's illness and death... mark the beginning of my walk with Him... just 19 years... such a short time... so many years wasted before... my heart... it wishes... I would have started sooner... not been so stiff-necked... so remedial... but so grateful... for His grace... and however many years I have to walk by faith...

Trusting Him... in His Sovereignty... and power... to redeem... restore... and reclaim... all that has been lost... or wasted...

"I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten ---
the great locust and the young locust,
the other locusts and the locust swarm ---
my great army that I sent among you. ..."
Joel 2:25

He is not bound... by time... or space... one moment... like the next to Him...

With the Lord a day is like a thousand years,
and a thousand years are like a day.
2 Peter 3:8

Lord... I trust in Your wisdom... to work time... knowing none is too short... or long... for You... I trust You with my days... no matter how many... or few... because in just one... You can accomplish what otherwise would take... a thousand years... Thank You, Lord... thank You...

No comments:

Post a Comment