Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Monday, February 11, 2013

Sovereign shelter

Several concepts... recur... regularly... of late...

The concept of shelter... a covering... protection... that provides...

Because you are my helper;
I sing for joy in the shadow of your wings.
Psalm 63:7
NLT

The concept of obedience... the love that forges friendship with Him...

"...You are my friends if you do what I command. ..."
John 15:14

The concept that following Him... brings transformation... healing... in others...

... if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14
(emphasis mine)

Coming under His sovereignty... as a Believer... provides shelter... a new level of relationship with Him... and  our humility... embracing our own depravity... brings about change... in this dark world...

"...For I have chosen him, so that he will direct his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing what is right and just, so that the Lord will bring about for Abraham what he has promised him."
Genesis 18:19
(my emphasis)

A verse from the study with sisters today... that caught... 

Longing to direct... a beloved child... one whom rebellion has a hold... I see my role... do what is right and just...

Of course... I CAN'T do this... 
Only by walking before Him... with Him... in His Light... 
do I have any hope of being right... or... just...

Loving Him with all my heart... mind... soul... strength... obediently... seeking shelter... in His Sovereignty... can I direct this child... to keep the way of the Lord...

Here I sing for joy... in the shadow of His wing... trusting Him as Lord... refreshed... by His reign...

May the king's rule be refreshing like spring rain on freshly cut grass, like the showers that water the earth.
Psalm 72:6
NLT

Others may balk... at seeking shelter... protection... from a God who commands obedience... 

But as for me, how good it is to be near God!
I have made the Sovereign Lord my shelter,
and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things you do!
Psalm 73:28
NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment