Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Thursday, August 16, 2012

glorify God...

I heard it in a teaching... this particular teacher's take on spiritual growth includes a listing of the lessons he perceives God guiding Believers in and out of... discipleship classes... including an upper level class... 801... The Glory of God... the graduate from this "class"... is characterized by a heart that reflects...

...at the end of every day, no matter what the loss, no matter what the hurt, no matter what the circumstance, no matter what my failure has been that day, I just ask one question: "Lord, were You glorified today? All that matters to me is that You're glorified, because You're the Creator and I'm the creature, and I want to see You glorified and I want to see You exalted." -- Michael Wells, Living the Abiding Life (my emphasis)

The words stuck... no matter what my failure... Lord, were You glorified today...? The thought that my failures can glorify God... seems counterintuitive... incongruous...

Can my failure... glorify God...?

I suppose... my failures... glorify God when... they reveal a departure from His Way... lead to a returning to the One who saves... and the receiving of forgiveness that heals...

He is glorified when... my failures reveal... my need for Him... and dependence on Him...

My failures... glorify God when... I'm willing to witness to others... reveal frailties... brokenness... and lead others to healing... through Him...

He is glorified... when my failures... humble... shape... and point to Him...

Lord... today I'm reminded... that Your ways... are not my ways... What looks like failure... You intend... for Your glory... Your cross... the biggest reminder... of Your redeeming power...

I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart;
I will glorify your name forever.
For great is your love toward me;
you have delivered me from the depth of the grave.
Psalm 86:12-13

No comments:

Post a Comment