Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Friday, October 7, 2011

Psalm 119: Yod

Moving on through the ode to God's Word we come to the tenth portion of Psalm 119: Yod (rhymes with "mode").

Read Psalm 119: 73-80

Yod is for "hand".

Your hands made me and formed me...

Hands. They create and destroy. They caress and claw.
They can portray victory and defeat; need and plenty.

They symbolize the source of blessing or cursing...from his hand...
They symbolize control ...it's in your hands...
or the lack thereof... it's out of my hands...

They reveal innocence... he has clean hands...
and guilt... he has blood on his hands...

Hands. It all depends on whose they are.

Your hands made me and formed me;
give me understanding to learn your commands.
Psalm 119:73

The hands of God: Creator, Judge, King of kings, Lord of lords, the Almighty. The Holy One whose compassions never fail, whose faithfulness is great, whose love is unfailing.

Lord, I want to understand Your precepts. I came from Your hands. You alone know what's best for me. You alone know my purpose. Whatever comes from Your hands is trustworthy, it is counted as good. Affliction and comfort. Your law is my delight because it comes from Your hands.

Hands. The hands of God are trustworthy and good. Therefore, I sing with the psalmist...

Into your hands I commit my spirit;
redeem me, O Lord, the God of truth.
Psalm 31:5

Whose hands will you trust?

No comments:

Post a Comment