Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Dinner Conversation: words of grace

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14

Words of grace.
Today I ask for words of grace as I feel a pressing reminder of the importance of my words. The discipline of writing words each day about God's Word has made me feel a tinge of arrogance.

What do I know?

Each day I cast words into the worldwide web where anyone can stumble over them at any time -- whether they do or not is not up to me -- the motivation with which I send them is my burden.

Today I ask that You, Lord, make my words Your words...


I pray that I not "speak" to bring attention to myself but to turn hearts to You in worship.

Words of grace.
Words for Your glory not mine.

He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself, but he who works for the honor of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him.
John 7:18

For whom do you speak?


No comments:

Post a Comment