Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Sunday, June 21, 2015

The Journey Readings: Week 77... and grateful He is sure...

In a world where nothing is sure... I'm grateful that He is...

This last week in the Psalms marked the halfway point through The Journey... 72 weeks down... 72 weeks to go...

As I read through the midway point... the bold statements of the psalmists caught my attention... declaring that He is sure...
sure... firmly established: steadfast... reliable, trustworthy... marked by or given to feelings of confident certainty... characterized by a lack of wavering or hesitation...
---Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary (11th Ed.)
He is... firmly established...


For I know that the Lord is great
and that our Lord is above all gods.
Psalm 135:5 Amp

He is... reliable... trustworthy...


The Lord is your keeper;
the Lord is your shade on your right hand.
The sun will not strike you by day,
nor the moon by night.
The Lord will keep you from all evil;
he will keep your life.
The Lord will keep your going out and coming in
from this time forth and forevermore.
Psalm 121:5-8 ESV

He is... marked by... confident certainty...

As the mountains are round about Jerusalem,
so the Lord is round about His people
from this time forth and forever.
Psalm 125:2 Amp

He is... not wavering... or hesitant...

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life;
you stretch out your hand against the wrath of my enemies,
and your right hand delivers me.
The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me;
your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever.
Psalm 138:7-8 ESV

Today... I find myself... grateful He is sure...
even if the next 72 weeks are filled with uncertainty...

Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
God, the Lord, is my strength; he makes my feet like the deer's;
he makes me tread on my high places.
Habakkuk 3:17-19

This week's readings...
Monday                Psalm 140-143
Tuesday                Psalm 144-145
Wednesday           Psalm 146-150
Thursday              1 Kings 1
Friday                  1 Kings 2

No comments:

Post a Comment