Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

feeling at odds...

Feeling at odds with Him...
as I'm longing to embrace my finitude...
He seems to be wanting to show me how much is possible in Him...

Stretched thin...
is how I'm feeling...
and as soon as I write it... I think of thin places...

I don't remember who... or where... I heard it from first...
so I Bing-ed... and found a site...
In the Celtic tradition such places that give us an opening into the magnificence and wonder of that Presence are called "Thin Places." ... A thin place where the veil that separates heaven and earth is lifted and one is able to receive a glimpse of the glory of God. ...
---Sylvia Maddox, Where Can I Touch the Edge of Heaven?
And I see... how being stretched thin... can become a thin place... where His presence and glory become more readily revealed...

With each success... with each completion... of each call... I know it's Him... and not me...

Only by His power... in this place of what feels like too much... will anything get done...

Feeling at odds... or just feeling odd... in a new place... a stretched thin place... increasing my faith and trust in Him...

Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us,
and establish the work of our hands upon us;
yes, establish the work of our hands!
Psalm 90:17 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment