Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Sunday, May 10, 2015

The Journey Readings: Week 71... and... a Rock of Refuge...

Be to me a rock of refuge in which to dwell,
and a sheltering stronghold to which I may continually resort,
which You have appointed to save me,
for You are my Rock and my Fortress.
Psalm 71:3 Amp

In the past... I've considered a refuge as a place to go to when there was trouble... danger... disturbance... which is what our English word means... according to Websters...
refuge... shelter or protection from danger or distress... a place that provides shelter or protection... something to which one has recourse in difficulty...
But this week... I learned the Hebrew translated as refuge... is a place to dwell... live... abide...

I never really considered my own home a refuge... it's simply the place I live... where I stay when I'm not out and about...

In reality... it is a refuge...
it's where I go at night when it's dark...
it's shelter from the elements...
it's where I gather with family...
store my stuff...
feel safe...
and just be me...

And in a season of change... I feel the need for Him to be for me... a Rock of Refuge... in which to dwell... a sheltering stronghold... to protect me from the elements of my own emotions... those places the enemy stirs into fear... anxiety... and takes advantage of...

So grateful for this Word in the Psalms... and the grace He provides... so I may dwell in Him... live each moment in Him... as my Rock of Refuge...

My mouth shall be filled with Your praise
and with Your honor all the day.
Psalm 71:8 Amp

Join The Journey... discover for yourself... who He is for you...

This week's readings...
Monday                         Psalm 77:1 - 78:20
Tuesday                         Psalm 78:21-72
Wednesday                    Psalm 79-80
Thursday                        Psalm 81-83
Friday                            Psalm 84-86

No comments:

Post a Comment