Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Friday, May 8, 2015

exercising faith...

A question in this morning's study... made me feel vulnerable...
The church is a body, and every member is a specific part with a specific function. What is one spiritual gift God has given you and how are you developing it and using it for his glory? How can your group members encourage you as you seek to use your gifts to serve Jesus?
---The Story: Adult Curriculum
I could answer the question... but I didn't want to say it out loud... didn't want the group to know... because it's a stretching for me... something that took me a while to embrace and share...

The spiritual gift I believe I've been given sounds big... almost embarrassing to say... knowledge and teaching... of His Word...

I have been exercising it through teaching... leading... Sunday school classes... Bible studies... and through the writing taking place here... in a small obscure way...

But a challenge to pursue something a little bigger... take the next step... has been pressing...

Out of the Lenten exercise of walking through Romans 8... I felt Him calling me to take it deeper... develop the thirty writings from Jeremiah's Menu into a full blown six week study... to offer this summer at my table...

Way out of my comfort zone... the potential for failure seems huge... yet... last Sunday I committed... surrendered rather... and began to write... began to share the call with others...

This morning... sharing this call... saying what I believe I've been gifted with out loud... brought waves of vulnerability...

Asking these ladies to pray for this journey... inviting them to be a part of the journey... was hard... an exercise in faith...

So... now that I've said it out loud... and shared it here with you... I ask for your prayers too...

Pray for me to be faithful to this call...
Pray I will be bold...
Pray I will be Spirit led...

This exercising of faith... makes me break out in a cold sweat...

No comments:

Post a Comment