Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

remembrance... pure satisfaction...

Remembering today... He is... pure satisfaction...
satisfaction... 1 a: the payment through penance of the temporal punishment incurred by a sin b: reparation for sin that meets the demands of divine justice 2 a: fulfillment of a need or want b: the quality or state of being satisfied: contentment c: a source or means of enjoyment: gratification 3 a: compensation for a loss or injury: atonement, restitution b: the discharge of a legal obligation or claim c: vindication 4: convinced assurance or certainty
---Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dict. (11th Ed.)
So... color me surprised by this definition...

As I approached this remembrance... I had in mind... the quality or state of being satisfied... contentment...

A day when I heard of those unsatisfied... seeking satisfaction from things... like food...
revenge... 
change... 
financial security... 
to see the first definition of satisfaction as... the payment... of the temporal punishment incurred by sin... turns my heart to the real reason... He is... pure satisfaction...

He is... the One who takes away the sin of the world...! 

I think of my own need to be satisfied when it comes to food... comfort... assurance... but now I see ... truly see... He knows... our true need... 

The only thing able to satisfy our souls completely...? 
Forgiveness of sin...

Our greatest dis-ease... is not physical... or emotional... it's spiritual...

That's why when He saw the faith of the paralytic's friends... how they broke through a roof... to get to Him... He gave the man what He truly needed... what would truly satisfy... even though it's not what anyone expected...


And when Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic,
"Son, your sins are forgiven."
Mark 2:5 ESV

We feel the dissatisfaction... in all areas of life... but fail to recognize its true root...

Consider areas of dissatisfaction in your life...
What do you turn to for satisfaction...?
What is it you think you need in order to be content...?

Now... consider what He says you need...
what He came to do...
could you find forgiveness... complete forgiveness... satisfying...? the key to every unfulfilled desire...?

Because your steadfast love is better than life,
my lips will praise you. So I will bless you as long as I live;
in your name I will lift up my hands.
My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food,
and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips,
when I remember you upon my bed,
and meditate on you in the watches of the night;
for you have been my help,
and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy.
My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me.
Psalm 63:3-8 ESV

It is because of His love... that He sent His Son...

Do you hear the satisfaction in the soul of the psalmist...?
physical satisfaction...
assurance...
provision...

Do you believe it to be true...?

If He said it... it must be true...

Let's try... for the next few days... to start each day with a prayer...

Satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love,
that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.
Psalm 90:14 ESV

What better confirmation of satisfaction... than joy...? gladness all our days...?

I praise You Lord... as Pure Satisfaction...

No comments:

Post a Comment