Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Monday, January 12, 2015

behold... He is making all things new...

A dream... and a fire... make me consider my word for the year... new...

And he who was seated on the throne said,
"Behold, I am making all things new."
Revelation 21:5 ESV

The dream... a dear sister in Christ... on the slippery slope of sin...
Not yet at the landslide stage... but quite a ways up the slope...

A fire... in the fireplace... not exactly started yet...
Large logs laid on embers from the previous night... but not burning...

The dream... pressed my heart... caused me to ask questions...
What does grace look like in this situation...? 
continue fellowship...?
cut off fellowship...?

The fire... caused me to grab a poker...
lift the lower log... prying it into a position on the grate... where more air could get under... reaching the embers...
and blow... blow... blow...
Embers grew brighter... flames began to flicker...

A Word comes to mind... 

...a bruised reed he will not break,
and a smoldering wick he will not quench...
Matthew 12:20 ESV

... and the connection with new... Behold... I am making all things new...

He does not put out the ember... even if it's just smoldering...
He blows His Spirit on it... encourages... life... and... light...

And He says... Behold... Look... Pay attention... See where I am working... to make all things new...

My heart fills with a desire... to see like Him...

To see the smoldering wick... as potential... for a blazing fire for Him...

To see the bruised reed... with the hope... of a tree rooted firmly... growing in grace...

To see in Believers... and unbelievers alike... up on the slippery slope of sin... and see Him at work...

I want to encourage... like Him... not be one who snuffs out... and breaks off... the work He is about...

Lord Jesus... open my eyes... draw my attention... let me see...
where You are making things new...
Teach me to encourage... with grace... and love...
I long to be part of what You are doing...
and do not want to crush others... with judgment...
legalism... or pessimism...
Show me how... to blow the Spirit of Life... into the lives of others...

No comments:

Post a Comment