Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Monday, December 22, 2014

a desire... for more faith...

This past week's word in the Advent study... faith...

She asked... What comes to your mind when you think about the word faith...?

I say... Being sure of what you hope for... and certain of what you do not see...

And as the week passes... and I think more about faith... I see where I need more... desire more... because I'm really not sure... that what I hope for will come to pass... and I'm uncertain of the reality... of what I do not see...

I'm a contradiction... when it comes to faith...

My natural bent... tends toward pessimism...

To be pessimistic... as a Believer... reveals a lack of faith... and unbelief in His promises...

Pessimism keeps Believers... from preparing with expectancy... thus missing opportunities to witness to others... and receiving blessings...

Two passages read during the week... revealed a need... for more faith...

Isaiah's prophetic words regarding the Messiah bearing the Spirit of the Lord... anointed to bring good news to the poor...
bind up broken hearts...
proclaim liberty to the captives...
releasing those bound...
comforting those who mourn...

And in John's gospel... where he told about John the Baptizer... preparing the way for the Lord... by faith... in a big way... proclaiming His coming... and calling for repentance... from the self-proclaimed sinners... to the self-proclaimed righteous...

My faith... feels small... when I think about bearing the Spirit of the Lord myself...

He made the way for it to be so... and He says it's true... but I feel no power... to bring good news... heal... free... or comfort...

And my preparation... for things unseen... sometimes... my natural bent rules... Nothing looks like it's changing... why do anything... to prepare...

But... there are areas in my life... where I feel His call... and I press past the flesh... and do anyway... even though it seems foolish... unproductive...

Here is one of those places... writing so many days a week... wondering at times... Why...? 

And the call to intercede... through group prayer... it persists... and I know I persevere only because of Him... and the faith He provides...

So some places... I see faith in action... in me... even if it often must overcome... a pessimistic eye...

But one passage He led me to... filled me with desire... for... more... faith...

Also from the mouth of Isaiah... and along the same lines...

Behold, A King will reign in righteousness, 
and princes will rule with justice.
And each one of them shall be like a hiding place from the wind
and a shelter from the storm, like streams of water in a dry place,
like the shade of a great rock in a weary land 
[to those who turn to them].
Then the eyes of those who see will not be closed or dimmed, 
and the ears of those who hear will listen.
And the mind of the rash will understand knowledge 
and have good judgment,
and the tongue of the stammerers will speak readily and plainly.
Isiah 32:1-4 Amp

I understand... by faith I allow Him to reign in my life... and as He does... I become one of the princes... ruling in justice...

To be one who is a hiding place for others...
a shelter in a storm...
a relief from the heat...
and a shade...
is what I desire to be...

Yes... to be one who makes the way for Him... to open eyes... and ears...
makes the way for understanding... and the loosing of tied tongues...
is what I want to be...

To be all His Word... says I am... fuels a desire... for more faith...

And His Words recorded by Matthew... come to mind...

But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness,
and all these things will be added to you.
Matthew 6:33 ESV

Father God... forgive my lack of faith...
Bless me... with more...

No comments:

Post a Comment