Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

translating... patriarchs...

The reading through... brings me to another patriarch... Abram... renamed... Abraham... who laughed at 99 years of age... when the Lord said he would have a son... by Sarai... Sarah... who was 90... she laughed too...

The Lord... He did not laugh...

Is anything too hard or wonderful for the Lord? At the appointed time, when the season [for her delivery] comes around, I will return to you and Sarah shall have borne a son.
Genesis 17:14 Amp

With these words... my mind turns back to the ark... pregnant with life... waiting the appointed time... for delivery...

I'm still Noah... reaping wisdom from Abraham... and from one traveling with me... on The Journey...

She said it last Sunday... a response to my being Noah... floating... trusting... no control... waiting...

...he worked a long time... building the ark... 100 years...

100 years...?! ...that's what I heard her say... but a long time... yes... years... yes... many years...

And today... I think of that ark... and the One who delivers... and realize... faith... obedience... years of the daily... are what build an ark...

When Abram was 99 years old, the Lord appeared to him and said, I am the Almighty God; walk and live habitually before Me and be perfect (blameless, wholehearted, complete). And I will make My covenant (solemn pledge) between Me and you...
Genesis 17:1-2 Amp

Noah too... before Abram... walked with God... in habitual fellowship...

And I look at the work... the faith... I put in the loved one who struggles... hope it will hold through the storm... I only had 18 years... not 100...

And my own ark... the one pregnant with me... is there enough faith... to hold it together... waiting...?

When the storm comes... and the water rises... will your ark hold...? Will you trust it...? Will you forsake it...? Will a tree trunk floating by... look better than your ark...?

The building of an ark... like the building of a house... takes time...

It must be done in fair weather... building on the Rock... listening... seeking... obeying... finding Him a firm foundation... trustworthy in the small... leads us to trust Him with the large... and... looming...

And I wonder... and wait... for the day of delivery... His appointed time...

No comments:

Post a Comment