Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Sunday, February 9, 2014

processing...

My heart... spirit... soul... are in the process of processing...

A message preached... and readings from two... three books... four if you count His Word... all seem to be connected... pointing to His presence... the importance of waiting... and my identity in it... but it still feels... formless...

Processing... it's messy... (which became clear as I tried to voice it here...)

It's too much... and not enough... all at the same time...

Too many pieces... not enough clarity...

Led onto a path of prayer... I opened to these words...

But I am the Lord your God 
from the land of Egypt;
you know no God but me, 
and besides me there is no savior.
It was I who knew you in the wilderness, 
in the land of drought...
Hosea 13:4-5 ESV

...then turning back to my reading through Genesis... the words come out as psalm... along the path...

You alone form heaven and earth...
You alone form faith...
You alone define and name...
beginning with light and dark...
You alone transform...
You are the only God I've known...
even when I didn't know...

So I wait... for Him to take these pieces... and form... define... transform... thoughts that feel like a mess...

As I write... wondering... Why share this messy process here...?
I look out and see... Him painting the sky...
blue...
purple...
pink...
and hope the processing... when done... will look as lovely...

The earth was without form and void,
and darkness was over the face of the deep.
And the Spirit of God was hovering
over the face of the waters.
Genesis 1:2 ESV

Waiting for His Spirit... to bring form... and light...

Have you experienced the process of processing...?
How did... does... it make you feel...?


This week's readings for The Journey...
Monday                       Genesis 5:1 - 6:8
Tuesday                       Genesis 6:9 - 7:24
Wednesday                  Genesis 8-9
Thursday                      Genesis 10:1 - 11:9
Friday                          Genesis 11:10 - 12:20

No comments:

Post a Comment