Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

hardened hope...

The current study with sisters... has revealed a hardened hope...

The challenge to... Create a top 10 waiting list of things you've almost stopped hoping for... causes tears to spring forth... and my heart to ache...

One thing comes to mind... top of the list... a wait at least 17 years in the making... breaks my heart anew each time it's brought to my attention...

A faint hope remains... so long I've waited... my heart feels hard to the possibility... hurts too much to consider fervent prayer any longer...

I tell myself... I've laid it before Him... all I can do is wait... its up to Him whether He does... or doesn't...

A hope that feels more like doubt...

A place I need to soften with His Word... His truth...

And hope does not disappoint us, 
because God has poured out his love into our hearts 
by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
Romans 5:5
(emphasis mine)

Do you have a hope... a long wait... that feels like a disappointment in the making...?

Join me in renewing hope... stirring it up to full expectation... remembering... His hope does not disappoint... because He has poured His love... into our hearts...

Father God... bless me with hope renewed...
believing that You will not disappoint...
believing in... Your love... poured out... for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment