Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

face to face...

The phrase... face to face... echoes... after meditating on 1Corinthians 13...

Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror;
then we shall see face to face.
Now I know in part; then I shall know fully,
even as I am fully known.
1Corinthians 13:12

Past teachings... and commentaries... remind that mirrors from the biblical era were highly polished metal that gave a fuzzy... dark... reflection... unlike glass mirrors today...

But my reflection on the whole of the chapter... made me see... that even glass mirrors... that offer a perfect representation of the flesh... do not reveal what is most essential... the heart... the mind... will... emotion... the motive... behind every action...

All the information we gather from a mirror... or by viewing the outer actions of any individual... are but a poor reflection... of the truth... the reality...

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
1Corinthians 13:1-3

The context of the whole chapter focuses on the motive... of our actions... and use of gifts...

We cannot see the motives of others... and often deceive self regarding our own actions...

Only God the Father... knows the hearts of men... and women... young... or old...

We see but a poor reflection... even if the image comes to us in HD...

But one day... when Perfection comes... we will see face to face... the kind of interaction that is experiential... and revealing...

Our trust of the Father... in the waiting... should be increased by this truth...

He alone knows the hearts of all... the motive... and purpose... behind every action... 

He alone is trustworthy... to make judgment... and His direction is always based on a crystal clear understanding....

Now I know in part;
then I shall know fully,
even as I am fully known.

Father God... help me to remember... that my vision is blurred... but Yours is perfect... 

No comments:

Post a Comment